Last modified June 13th, 2019
1. Our Privacy Commitment
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Platinum Exchange Inc.
2. Personal Information We Collect
We collect your personal information when you visit our Website, create a user account, use our online money transfer service or contact us with support requests. The personal information that we collect from you includes:
- Contact Data - Your contact information includes your full name, your email address, your date of birth, your occupation, your residential address and your photo ID;
- Account data. Your account data includes your online account login credentials and your transaction history.
- Transaction data. When you use our online money transfer service, you will be required to provide us with additional information regarding your transaction such as your beneficiary’s personal information, bank details and other similar information to enable us to process your transaction;
- Customer Support data. When you send us customer support requests we collect your name, email address and the content of your support request;
- Compliance data. We may be required to process additional personal information in order to fulfil our compliance and regulatory obligations.
3. How we use your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the purposes outlined hereunder:
- We use your personal information to create your user account and to enable you to log into your account;
- We use your personal information to provide our Services to you and to process your transactions;
- We use your personal information for compliance with our regulatory obligations;
- We use your personal information to respond to your support requests;
- We use your personal information to understand how you use our website and to improve our user experience;
- We may also use anonymized usage data for analysis purposes and to improve our service offerings to our users;
- We may also use your personal information for marketing our Services to you with your express consent.
4. Compliance With PIPEDA and PCMLFTA
We take all reasonable steps to keep all your personal information in our possession accurate, complete, current and relevant based on the information you provide us.
We also take all reasonable and commercially viable measures to protect your personal information in our possession and you may at any time access this information and query how we manage and protect your personal information by contacting us.
Which Cookies and Pixels we use on our Website
You can stop these cookies from being stored on your computer by installing the browser plug-in available here.
- Facebook Pixel We may use Facebook Pixel to track user behaviour when they visit our website after clicking on our Facebook ad and for retargeting ads to such users after they leave our website.
If you do not wish for Facebook Pixel to use your data for the Facebook ads display, please contact Facebook at the link provided here.
You can decline cookies from our website by changing your browser settings to decline all third-party cookies.
6. Disclosing your personal information
- Performance of our service - We may disclose your personal information to our payment processor or other financial institution, your beneficiary’s bank, the agent at the beneficiary’s pick-up location, and/or any Company employees during the performance of our Service;
- Service Providers - We may disclose your personal information to our Service Providers including but not limited to our hosting service providers, independent contractors who assist us with maintenance and development of our online platform as well as any marketing and customer support service providers that assist us with our business operations. Please note that these Service Providers are bound by confidentiality agreements that prohibit them from sharing your personal information with any other third parties;
- Compliance Obligations - We may disclose your personal information to local and international government authorities, law enforcement bodies, courts of law upon a subpoena or other legitimate government agencies as and when required for compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations, for asserting or defending our rights and interests;
7. Processing and Transfer of data to third countries
8. Your Rights
All our users have the right to access their personal information that we hold as well as the right to rectify your personal information if it is incorrect, incomplete or outdated. To exercise your personal information rights, you contact us at [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS] with your request.
When you choose to subscribe to receive a newsletter on our Website, we may send you marketing materials via email. Our legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent, which you grant us at the time you subscribe to our marketing material. You have the right to withdraw your consent from receiving direct marketing material from us at any time by simply clicking the unsubscribe link in our email.
10. Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable and commercially viable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information, however as with any transmission of information over the internet, we are unable to offer any guarantees as to the security of your personal information.
11. Retention of your personal information
We will retain your personal information on our records for the entire duration that your account is active on the Platform. Once you terminate your account, we will not keep your personal information longer than necessary for the fulfilment of our business, legal and regulatory obligations.
12. Third-party websites
Our Website is not targeted at persons under the age of eighteen years (children), and we do not intentionally collect any personal information from children. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child who has provided us with his/her personal information, please immediately contact us, and we will take steps to remove such information from our records immediately.
15. Contact Us
Platinum Exchange Inc.
1063 Danforth Avenue, Toronto, ON,
Canada M4J 1M1